Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Athlete_Portraits


I had the pleasure of having two high-profile athletes in front of my camera this past week. Tao Berman, heralded as 'the most extreme whitewater kayaker of all time' and who holds the world record for longest vertical drop in a kayak (a 98 foot fall in Canada's Banff National Park) showed me around his stomping grounds out in White Salmon, WA on Thursday afternoon. Then on Friday I spent a few hours with Erik Tonkin, an elite cyclocross racer and Kona Factory Team rider, and his crew at his bike shop Sellwood Cycle Repair just outside of Portland. While both are incredibly talented and accomplished, the most notable fact that I came away with in each case is that they are incredibly nice guys. More pics are up in my portfolio site in the MUG SHOTS category.

No comments:

Post a Comment