Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Old_Work

It is pretty standard to always keep your eyes on the horizon, or where you are going, but it can be really nice (and healthy) to look back into the rear view mirror from time to time. I found the opportunity to do this recently when cleaning out an old cabinet and came across this Field Report for Patagonia, which was actually my first published work - I think back in the 1999 Holiday catalog if I remember correctly. The article was an excerpt from a journal that I was keeping the previous Austral Summer while working in Antarctica and some snaps from my Yashica T4. As I remember, it was a time of care free living and adventuring and my life (and work) has changed so much since - all for the good mind you - but it gave me some goose bumps to remember my experiences in this amazing place.

No comments:

Post a Comment